As a every marketer has come to realize, to own a list is the beginning of any online business. And this list building starts with the Squeeze Page. The Squeeze page is the front gate through which all of your prospects must pass. It is imperative, therefore, that you put your best foot forward here and now with a properly designed page so that you do not weed out far too many prospects.
But first things first, what is this important squeeze page? Simply put, the squeeze page is a tool that you’ll have to use to get prospective buyers to give you their email addresses. To be more precise,it is a specific type of web page to “squeeze” out the names and email addresses of prospective customers. A good squeeze page must have certain characteristics which yours also should aspire to attain, or forget about its effectiveness. Let us in this short article give out five quick tricks which you should adopt to make your squeeze page more viable.
1. Apart from having a good design or a good visual appeal, One common element which your squeeze page must contain to make it successful is that, it should offer considerable value upfront. That means you cannot make hollow promises and hope and pray that your visitors will fall for it and sign up. It doesn’t work that way. Prospective customers keep their particulars under guard and to convince them to release those well guarded particulars, you must offer very specific valuable items in exchange for their precious email addresses.
2. The second trick to note is that your page should give your visitors only one of two choices: to either a) subscribe to your list; or b) exit the site. It is as simple as that!
3. Therefore following up from 2. above, your page should be very, very brief, not a whole load of text. And that the opt-in form must be above the fold i.e visitors need not scroll down before seeing all your offers.
4. Your prospects are very discerning and you should, therefore, be very explicit and truthful in outlining what they can expect from your list. It must clearly communicate what a membership to your list entails, specifically strssing out that it is completely free and will be greatly rewarding in terms of the high quality content that it will bring.
5. There is what is known as the “privacy” policy. It should be your while to carefully and visibly state in clear terms that you abhor spam and that they should confidently leave their particulars with you because you will never rent or sell their email addresses to any third party.
6. And as a bonus, it should very rewarding to include your signature and possibly a thumbnail photo of you.
And so there you have it: 5 quick tips to make your website viable and capture leads!
It is important to remember that the squeeze page should have the following: you should keep it short, clear, and direct. The purpose of the page, remember, is to get the visitor to subscribe to your list — and nothing else. So do not confuse them with unrelated offers or links to other products and content pages. Your duty is just to get them to relinquish their email addresses. That is your cherished goal!